Advanced Online Legal Spanish Course
Starting on Tuesday 23rd May 2023
This Advanced Online Legal Spanish course offers you the opportunity to enhance existing Spanish communication skills in legal practice. It will cover a broad range of legal contexts while building practical legal terminology and written and oral communication skills.
I will introduce Spanish legal terminology in areas such as International Arbitration, Corporate Law, Gender Identity Law, contracts, investments, etc. This will help you communicate in Spanish both with Spanish speaking clients and attorneys.
This course is particularly appropriate to solicitors and paralegals with a practice on corporate law and related fields.
You will learn and practise how to understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics and technical discussions in the business and legal fields; interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native Spanish speakers quite possible without strain for either party; produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Upon completion of this course you will have the opportunity to take the Cerel.online Certificate with a 20% discount.
Please see the syllabus to get a better idea of the course contents.
ALL MATERIALS FREE
I will email you all materials before each lesson on PDF, mp3 and interactive online activities.
Through listenings, readings, written assignments and oral exercises, you will learn a wide array of skills.
I follow a comprehensive method based on the communicative approach and I am highly adaptable to the needs and the different ways you learn.
I design my syllabi following both the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and my student’s needs.
FEES. ENROL NOW-PAY LATER
No upfront payment needed. Fees for scheduled courses are £200/$250/€230 per 10-lesson term and payable either by bank transfer or PayPal after the first lesson (whatever is most convenient for you). The invoice will be emailed after the first lesson and you will never be asked for your card or bank details.
This website does not collect any bank details from you; just your name and email address when you apply for a course or when you contact me by filling a form.
If you have some level, take my Spanish assessment and contact me with your results to book a 10 minutes oral assessment. I will assess your level either over the phone or Zoom whenever suits you.
If you are sure about your level and do not wish me to assess you, just fill the form Enrol now-Pay later and you will be automatically registered in the Advanced Legal Online Spanish Course. You will receive a confirmation email and the syllabus.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to…
• Read and presenting charts
• Read complex texts on legal subjects and drawing conclusions from them
• Read and discussing a case
• Read arbitration awards
• Write complex formal emails and letters
• Read law
• Listen and interpreting legal advice
• Read and interpreting legal advice
Who can do this course?
This course is aimed at those students who can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.; can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken; can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest; can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
If you have any doubt about your level, take my assessment test and do not hesitate to book your oral assessment either over the phone or Zoom.
What’s included in this course?
• Reading and presenting charts
• Reading complex texts on legal subjects and drawing conclusions from them
• Reading and discussing a case
• Reading arbitration awards
• Writing complex formal emails and letters
• Reading law
• Listening and interpreting legal advice
• Reading and interpreting legal advice
• Sociedades mercantiles en España y América Latina
• Contratos de infraestructura. Licitaciones
• Ley de identidad de género en el mundo hispánico
• Implicaciones legales de las redes sociales. El fraude a través de internet.
Protección de datos
• Inmigración y ciudadanía
• El arbitraje internacional. Ventajas y desventajas
• Las nuevas tecnologías y su uso como prueba en juicio
• La igualdad de género. Derechos de la mujer
• Energías alternativas y cambio climático y sus implicancias legales
• Contrato de compraventa de acciones
• General consolidation past tenses in the Indicative
• Creo/pienso que + Indicative
• No creo/pienso + Subjunctive
• Other uses of the Subjunctive
• Future Subjunctive use in legislation
• Pero/Sino/Sino que
• Direct and indirect pronouns
• Uses of the pronoun se
• Roundabout expressions
• Legal vocabulary • Connective devices
Learning ResourcesAll materials will be provided in advance session by session on PDF and mp3. In addition, I will provide a range of language learning materials for self-study online.
More InformationIf you’re unsure about your level or for more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me by filling a contact form, emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling mo on +44 7970 528 517 *Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
SPEAK LEGAL SPANISH
Understand those regulations
Up to 4 students. It will give you more chances to practice and receive proper and immediate feedback
Learn from wherever you want
ALL MATERIALS FREE
I will email them in advance
TAUGHT IN SPANISH
Grammar will be explained in English if needed
Enrol now-Pay later
If you would like to enrol in Advanced Legal (CEFR* B2), fill out the form below and you will recieve a confirmation email. You will pay after the first lesson by either bank transfer or PayPal, whatever is most convenient for you; and just if you wish to continue.